The 7th MaMa Conference (Mothers and Midwives Alliance) was held on the 28th and 28th April 2017, in Ayr Scotland – and was another ROARing success! Being part of the event gave me a massive boost of positivity, and I hope I shared that with others too. It’s always a huge privilege being part of a network of like-minded birth workers and activist, who are all working to a common goal – positive, safe and respectful birth for all women, babies and families. The speakers were outstanding, midwives, obstetricians, doulas, and others interested in maternity care. And then there’s the fun! Looking after delegates is part of the philosophy of the conference, there’s something for everyone, so that attendees leave feeling refreshed and happy, and ready to take on the world. The awards ceremony meant that during the fabulous dinner dance and Ceilidh, the achievements of individuals were celebrated in style! Congratulations to all those nominated, those shortlisted, and to the winners – you are all stars.
- #ZeroSeperation by Ali BrindleBy Sheena Byrom
- New book! Spirituality and Childbirth: Meaning and care at the start of lifeBy Sheena Byrom
- Influencing childbirth in Saudi Arabia: Roa AltaweliBy Sheena Byrom
- A family affair – the story so far!By Sheena Byrom
- A Midwife in My Pocket!By Sheena Byrom